For well over a century, Rockdale Cemetery has been the final resting place for some of the earliest settlers of Hopkins County. The cemetery is at least 130 years old, with the first known burial in 1891. Responsibility for the care and maintenance of the cemetery grounds has been handed down for generations.
Formally organized in May 1971, Rockdale Cemetery Association was created and exists for the benevolent purpose of caring for the graves of those buried in Rockdale Cemetery and ensuring its preservation for years to come. The Association maintains and oversees the cemetery grounds and collects, manages and administers the funds of the Association in furtherance of this purpose.
All property and income of the Association are permanently and exclusively dedicated to the preservation and maintenance of the cemetery and not for the financial gain of the Association or its members. The Association relies primarly on private donations as its source of income. We appreciate your financial support.
Rockdale Cemetery is located on County Road 1100 approximately one mile west of Highway 19 in
Sulphur Springs, Hopkins County, Texas.
Rockdale Cemetery Association
P.O. Box 2002
Sulphur Springs, TX 75483